Cris Tales Gets Free Update Adding New Character, New Ending, New Dungeon, & More
Developer Dreams Uncorporated and publisher Modus Games have announced that their love-letter to the JRPGs of yesteryear, Cris Tales, will be receiving a new update adding a bunch of fresh content. The new update is free and is available to download now for PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, Nintendo Switch, and PC.
To help signal boost the news, the companies have dropped a new trailer highlighting all the fresh additions that the latest patch will bring. Go ahead and check it out below:
The latest Cris Tales update introduces a seventh playable character called Adri who can summon “simple machines such as mines and turrets”. In addition, there’s also a newly-added dungeon with new enemies, another possible ending, and also a laundry list of quality-of-life tweaks to help iron out some minor bugs.
Our very own Ed McGlone reviewed Cris Tales on PC earlier this year and awarded the game a 3/5, concluding:
If you strip that away from Cris Tales, what you have left is a charming and serviceable RPG that is also packed with quite a few flaws and questionable design choices. Cris Tales is definitely worth a playthrough if you’re looking for something light-hearted and a little bit old-school. Just keep your expectations low when it comes to time-based gameplay.
For more information about Cris Tales’ latest update, here’s the rundown courtesy of Modus Games:
- New Character – Adri
- Seventh playable character who will join your party.
- Adri is a robot mechanic who the player first encounters in St. Clarity. She plays a significant part in the late game story.
- In combat, Adri acts as a summoner, building simple machines such as mines and turrets that can be enhanced through Crisbell’s time powers.
- New Dungeon
- Alongside Adri comes a new mechanical themed dungeon.
- Brand new enemy encounters and unique puzzle solving mechanics.
- Return of the New and Improved Coliseum
- Battle waves of increasingly challenging enemies for new loot, chests, currency, and rewards.
- Accessed by speaking to the traveling merchant.
- New enemies and a completely original boss.
- Completion of the new content introduces a completely new cutscene and a new ending for the game.
- New content is accessible in the late game, and players who have already completed the game can just load their most recent save to experience the new content.
Cris Tales Patch Notes
- Added a new playable character.
- Added a new side quest and dungeon, with new enemies and a new boss.
- Added a new Colosseum. Speak to the Wandering Merchant to test your mettle!
- (Switch only) Reduced loading times by approximately 30 percent.
- Fixed an infinite white loading screen that could rarely occur at the end of battles.
- Fixed a gameplay blocker that could rarely occur when a character’s syncro is interrupted.
- Fixed a gameplay blocker that could rarely occur during the Volcano Sisters boss fight.
- Fixed a gameplay blocker that could rarely happen during certain other boss fights.
- Fixed an issue with the Empress’ Gaol ability which could impact party composition after the battle.
- Fixed issues with minor graphical flickering in some backgrounds.
- Various text and graphical fixes.
Additional Switch Patch Notes
- Fixed numerous text bugs.
- Fixed numerous user reported soft-locks.
- Fixed an achievement not being unlockable.
- Fixed enemies occasionally not appearing during a battle in the salt mines.
- Fixed the “burn” icon becoming distorted when using Impact Strikes.
- Adjusted pricing for Tents.
- Adjusted pricing for the Distortion Ring.
- Crisbell now learns Heal at level 2.
- The Empress will now use perfect heal for only two turns.
Cris Tales is out now for PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, Nintendo Switch, and PC.