eMule is one of the most used applications for exchanging information. Despite the years, is one of the largest and most popular P2P software on the market, and it is still a file sharing alternative. It is very intuitive and widely recognized. It is developed in open source, which means that it is available for everyone to see, edit, modify, improve and share. That is why there are many plugins available, most of which can be downloaded for free from the web.
What the program does is connect to the computer network of other users and share the files. They are shared in Torrent format, which is used to download applications (regardless of their content) until the file is fully downloaded. eMule may be questioned by many as not being the best program of its kind, but it still has many advantages.
In this step by step guide you will learn how to configure and install eMule and download everything much faster. In addition, you will learn the most useful solutions to avoid slow download problems and make it work much better. When it comes to sharing or downloading small files, such as images or video clips, it is undoubtedly the best.
Steps to install and configure eMule so that downloads fly
Installing and configuring eMule is a very easy task to perform., although for some people this can be a bit complicated. If you belong to this last group, continue reading so that you learn everything you need about this process.
Emulate, It is still an alternative for downloading programs and sharing filesHowever, to get the most out of it, you need to install and configure it correctly: believe it or not, there are still many users who have problems running the program effectively. For that, I bring you some simple steps to make your eMule fly:
Installation of eMule
- You need to go to the official website: www.emule-project.net you will find a link “Discharge”. I advise you to take the version “installer“.
- Another alternative is to download it from here faster and safer, and fully updated in the latest version.
- Run the installer program. The first window that appears is to select the language, obviously choose Spanish.
- Then the wizard window will appear. welcoming you Click “Following“.
- Immediately, the sale appears to accept the license. Click “I agree“.
- The component window appears. You must select both options. Click on “Following“.
- Then the following window appears how to configure eMule. Here you will select “user specific”.
- Later, Windows operating system It will ask you if you are going to block the program. Obviously you’re going to say no.
- Choose the place where the program will be installed. Then click on “Install“.
- Installation complete appears. Click on “Following“.
- Then click on “End up“.
- Once started eMule. Click the button “servers” in the top bar, the list of servers should appear. You must remove all the servers you have (either a new installation or an old one).
- Then select all servers and delete them, right click on the list of servers and then “Delete all servers“.
eMule Servers Update
This step is key, since it will allow you to keep the database of the servers that have more users up to date, and that will help you have more connections available so that you can download all the content you are looking for more easily. quick. Below you can access the guide how to update eMule serversI also explain the steps in a summarized way here:
- 1) Copy the address “http://www.gruk.org/server.met.gz” in the frame “Update URL .met server” in the box on the right, then click “To update”; do the same with address “http://www.peerates.net/servers.php” – do not use a list from another party; Only these two addresses are trusted.
- 2) Here, you are going to create a list of serverswith these names: (choose only 1)
- Peer Rates
- Right click on them and choose “Priority > High“.
- 3) Then, you will click on the column “Useful.” to have a little down arrow indicating that it sorts the servers in descending order, based on the number of users. This will ensure that you put the servers that have the most people connected first..
- 4) Now, click on “preferences“, and select “Server” in the left column. Make sure you have the same boxes checked as shown below.
- 5) Then select “Automatically update server list on startup“, then you’re going to click on “Edit” and record in the file the address http://serveurs.emule-french.org which allows you to have your server list updated every time eMule is started.
For the file transfer to be fast, what you must do is adjust the connection speed, remember, you connect to a server, which many users access, so you must be careful when performing these steps, as if you make a mistake you won’t be able to get the most out of eMule.
Click preference, then select connection, here you should focus on the “Ability”. Make sure to put your download rate, with the following value 1000. The same will do upload limit, and you are going to put it in 10 KB/s. This limits the bit rate used by other users who will download from you.
Like all P2P (Peer to Peer) programsthe transfer speed is essential, so that you can download and share files with other users, that’s why opening the ports is important, if you don’t do it well, it is likely that you will have problems downloading the different contents. Here are the instructions:
- You must go to preferences, select connection, place the values shown in the image, if you do not configure the TCP port correctly, will have a low IDwhich means you will have a hard time downloading.
- Then you must select “Security“, IP filters. They help you minimize the connection to corrupt clients and thus improve your security.
To configure it, you must check the box “filter servers“, and to have 127 In the box “filter level“, then you need to enter a list of IP filters.
this operation should be done every 2 to 3 weeks to make sure it’s always up to date! Please note that the site emule-security.org it also has an archive that is updated weekly.
- To configure the UDP port automatically, connect to a eDonkey server. Click on the top of the column “Use“, you will have the servers ordered by the largest number of users. In the main servers you should find eDonkeyServer or UseNext. Double click on one of the two to connect.
- After that, click on the tab “Kad” in the top bar.
- Then on the right select “of known customers” and click “start”. Information should then appear in the left pane.
Problems and solutions to prevent eMule from going slow
To prevent you from having problems and making eMule slow, I bring you some simple solutions, so you can exchange files with other clients effectively. Surely you will wonder what should I do?
Don’t worry, here’s the answer:
- You should check the speed of your internet provider. Remember the Ed2k network server, according to the IP address it assigns a low, high or strong ID.
- If your ID is low, you can cause unnecessary overloads, so I recommend that you ask your internet provider to increase the connection speed.
- Keep in mind that Ed2k servers limit the number of users with a weak ID, or even simply ban them.
- Two clients with a weak ID cannot connect to each other. This results in fewer fonts available for download.
- Low ID eMule works best when the following ports are “open“:
- TCP port (4662 as standard) -> ed2k connection server
- UDP port (4672 as standard) -> Red Kad
The main reasons for a low ID:
- If the TCP port is not “Open“, the result is a low ID.
- Another cause may be having another port configured and you probably don’t know it.
When you use the web interface function, with another TCP port (4711 as standard), they may be blocked for several reasons:
- Firewall: Windows includes a built-in firewall, sometimes turning it on by default
- Routers and networks with NAT connections “(Network translation address).
- Verify how router sharing software works
- There is software from certain internet service providers, which generate blocking of certain portsso check the applications installed on your pc.