Originally having released back in 2019 with Aladdin and The Lion King, the Disney Classic Games offerings have been increased and enhanced. You see, now us gamers are being given the opportunity to take in what many believe to be the superior version of Aladdin – that from the SNES – alongside the chance to wander through the magic of The Jungle Book.
Available to purchase and download right now as the Disney Classic Games Collection on Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, Nintendo Switch and PC, this classic pack is something that fans of the retro scene, or Disney lovers are going to get pretty excited by.
It’s priced at £29.24 which is a step up from that which launched in 2019, but this time around the games included have virtually doubled. Not only do we have access to the previous options of Aladdin and The Lion King, but now The Jungle Book and the SNES version of Aladdin are included for good measure.
Cherished versions of the original games, just upscaled visually to fit with modern hi-def displays, you get access to some of the finest games from yesteryear in this new collection. And the best thing about it is if you previously purchased the drop that arrived back in 2019, you can upgrade with the The Jungle Book and MORE Aladdin Pack for just £9.99.
Dropping that cash on the Disney Classic Games Collection will see you treated to all the following – it’s not just about the games you know…
- The Expanded Collection – For the first time, play through multiple different versions of the beloved Aladdin, The Lion King, and The Jungle Book games that have been created over the years, including both console and handheld versions. This incredible combination makes this the greatest edition of Disney Classic Games.
- BOTH 16-Bit Console Aladdin Games – By popular demand and for the first time since their original releases, the Sega Genesis Aladdin AND Super Nintendo Entertainment System Aladdin games are available and enhanced together for modern consoles.
- Classic Gaming on Modern Displays – Disney Classic Games Collection: Aladdin, The Lion King and The Jungle Book bring the cherished retro 16-bit gaming to modern displays with 1080P graphics and enhancements. Players can adjust screen aspect ratios and borders, and even go old school with custom filter options designed to replicate classic CRT TVs.
- Modern Features: Instantly rewind any of the games in real-time to retry difficult areas. View full game playthroughs with the ability to skip forward, jump in, and start playing at any point, and quickly save progress in each of the games and continue the adventure wherever and whenever.
- Interactive Museum: Take a journey behind-the-scenes and learn more about the creation of these cherished games. Watch video interviews with the original development teams or explore numerous galleries containing hundreds of previously unreleased HD concept images and marketing assets.
- Soundtrack: Listen to the entire soundtracks for all games with the ability to repeat and shuffle songs. Enjoy 16-bit versions of classic songs such as “A Whole New World,” “I Just Can’t Wait to Be King,” and “The Bare Necessities!” and more.
Sold? We’d highly advise you to take in our review of the original Aladdin and The Lion King pack from back in the day. But from there you’re good to go, picking up the new Disney Classic Games Collection on Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S from the Xbox Store. It’s on PC through Steam and Nintendo Switch too.
Disney Classic Games Collection is the latest and greatest compilation of classic Disney games based on some of the most beloved Disney movies of all time: Aladdin, The Lion King, and now, The Jungle Book! This package combines Disney Classic Games: Aladdin and The Lion King with the ALL NEW “The Jungle Book and MORE Aladdin Pack”. Now you can play ALL of the critically acclaimed 16-Bit console versions of “Aladdin”, along with classic games based on Disney’s “The Jungle Book”! These all-new, fan requested, and beloved games complete this collection, making this the only way to experience all 16-bit console versions of Aladdin and The Jungle Book. Play as some of your favorite Disney characters, including Aladdin, Simba, and Mowgli, all while experiencing some of the best graphics the 16-Bit era had to offer. Play through multiple versions of each included game and enjoy tons of new features, enhancements, game modes, easy game saves, and display options.