Probably one of the more exciting releases of Proton lately, with lots of what was previously in Proton Experimental now in the main release with Proton 6.3-8 out now.
A big addition is the start of support for BattlEye games. Before getting overly excited though, this is just the start of it with only Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord and ARK: Survival Evolved confirmed to be supported by Valve. This is what was previously announced, with developers only needing to get in touch with BattlEye to have it turned on.
We also have the older CEG DRM now hooked up and working, bringing with it more classics working that relied on it.
On top of that there’s even support for NVIDIA DLSS for games that use DirectX 11 and 12, although it still needs you to make some manual adjustments to turn it on for now which includes using this launch option
PROTON_ENABLE_NVAPI=1 %command% and also setting
dxgi.nvapiHack = False in a DXVK configuration file.
Here’s the list of newly playable Windows games on Linux:
- Age of Empires 4
- Assassin’s Creed
- Breath of Death VI
- Call of Duty: Black Ops II singleplayer (202970)
- FIA European Truck Racing Championship
- Game Dev Tycoon
- Ghostbusters: The Video Game Remastered
- Mafia II (Classic)
- Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy (AMD GPUs only)
- Mass Effect Legendary Edition (ME1 does not have working audio, see #4823)
- Monster Boy and the Cursed Kingdom
- Monster Energy Supercross – The Official Video Game
- Monster Energy Supercross – The Official Video Game 2
- Nickelodeon All-Star Brawl
- Penny Arcade’s On the Rain-Slicked Precipice of Darkness 3
- RiMS Racing
- Sol Survivor
- The Riftbreaker
- TT Isle of Man Ride on the Edge
- TT Isle of Man Ride on the Edge 2
Other improvements include the latest Steamworks SDK support, DXVK upgraded to v1.9.2-13-g714ca482, VKD3D-Proton upgraded to v2.5-50-g0251b404 and also Wine-Mono to version 6.4.1.
There’s also a number of game-specific bug fixes that made it on for
- Assassin’s Creed: Odyssey
- Baldur’s Gate 3
- Bloons TD6
- Cyberpunk 2077
- Deep Rock Galactic
- Fallout 76
- Gahkthun Steam Edition
- Industries of Titan
- Paradox Launcher
- Project Cars 3
- Project Wingman, Satisfactory and other Unreal Engine 4 games using the Vulkan renderer
- RaceRoom Racing Experience
- Satisfactory also saw a networking fix for multiple interfaces
- Warhammer: Chaosbane
You can see the official changelog on GitHub any time.