Chief amongst the new additions are a few critical bug fixes that prevented a “consistent gameplay experience,” for some users who may’ve been experiencing issues relating to not being able to get revived by allies.
Additionally, the freshly deployed update adds a bunch of balancing tweaks specifically for vehicles and a number of weapons.
The LCAA Hovercraft, MD540 Nightbird, KA-520 Super Hokum and AH-64GX Apache Warchief have been adjusted to “bring them more in line with other vehicles” in the game. And from a weapon perspective, the PP-29’s recoil has been increased slightly, and most weapons have received a tweak to make for “more consistent bullet spread”.
In the Swedish studio’s recent blog post outlining the new patch, the team also teased what’s next in their upcoming third update, which’ll allegedly be the developer’s “biggest update so far.”
Specifically, the third update will focus primarily on improving the title’s performance and bringing a myriad of quality-of-life improvements to the online-centric military first-person shooter.
Our very own Ed McGlone reviewed Battlefield 2042 and loved his time with the game, ultimately awarding it a 4.5/5, concluding:
Overall, Battlefield 2042 is an excellent effort and filled with a ton of competitive multiplayer content at launch with much more planned in the near future. There are some technical issues such as respawns and visual bugs to sort out, and some game modes and specialists might need some tweaks, but DICE is off to a great start and Battlefield 2042 should likely be relevant and popular for years to come.
For more information, here are the full patch notes for Battlefield 2042’s second update:
BATTLEFIELD 2042 FIXES, CHANGES, AND IMPROVEMENTS
– Bullet spread has been reduced on all weapons except Shotguns. This should result in better accuracy during gameplay
– Increased PP-29 vertical recoil to ensure that the weapon does not overperform when engaging outside of its intended combat range
– Resolved an issue where players who were killed close to obstacles such as walls or water were unable to be revived
– Resolved instances where players were stuck in a downed state and unable to respawn. We’ve also introduced a hidden timer that will activate after 30 seconds of being in a downed state that will force a redeploy should it be required
– MD540 Nightbird Mounted 20mm Cannons – we are reducing the radius at which bullets do damage upon impact, and decreasing their splash damage
– KA-520 Super Hokum – 30mm Cannon (side mount) – we are reducing overall damage and range at which bullets do full damage, while increasing the overall bullet spread
– AH-64GX Apache Warchief and KA-520 Super Hokum – 30mm Cannon – we are reducing the radius at which bullets do damage upon impact, and decreasing their splash damage
– We reduced the overall damage of the Minigun for all Land Vehicles, alongside bullet damage drop off now starting earlier
– Equipped armor type for the LCAA Hovercraft has been adjusted which increases it’s vulnerability against different weapon types
– Battlefield Portal – UAV-1
The UAV-1 has been re-enabled within Battlefield Portal
Greatly reduced health regeneration delay and speed
Increased missile damage against vehicles and infantry
The drone is now able to roadkill enemies
– Breakthrough matches will now correctly end after the last sector has been captured
– Resolved an issue that caused players queued for a match in Battlefield Portal to be sent back to the menu, instead of joining the match when a slot became available
– Made general improvements to stability to prevent rare occurrences of game crashing